Your business needs technology. There’s no getting around it. Yet sometimes, proactively maintaining that technology, fending off viruses, and keeping up with trends can feel like a full-time job. A full-time job that takes your focus away from running your actual business.
Managed services is the solution. When you partner with a managed services provider (or in our case, a managed security service provider), IT pros handle and protect your business technology so you don’t have to.
If that’s not enticing enough, here are some stats that might make you rethink managing your technology infrastructure yourself.
15 reasons you shouldn’t wait to get managed services
- By 2021, it’s estimated that cyber crime damages will cost $6 trillion annually (Cyber Security Ventures)
- Companies that contained a breach in less than 30 days saved more than $1 million versus those that took more than a month (IBM)
- On average, hospitals spend 64% more annually on advertising for two years post-breach (Health IT Security)
- More than half of the total data breaches each year occur at small businesses (Verizon)
- 93% of malware comes from emails (Verizon)
48% of malicious email attachments are Office files—up from just 5 percent in 2017 (Symantec)
- The average cost of downtime is $5,600 per minute (Gartner)
- There was an 80% increase in new malware on Mac computers in 2017 (Symantec)
- 57% of companies have over 1,000 folders with inconsistent permissions (Varonis)
- On average, a cyber attack occurs every 39 seconds (University of Maryland)
- 27% of data breaches are the result of human error (IBM)
- 58% of SMBs test their disaster recovery plan only once a year or less, while 33% say they test rarely or never (Continuum)
- 66% of SMBs experienced a cyber attack in 2018 (IBM)
- 3 out of 4 SMBs say they don’t have enough IT personnel to address security (IBM)
- 85% of SMBs plan to increase spending on managed security services (Webroot)